EUREKA promote international market-oriented research via financial support to SMEs, industries and research institutes; a bottom-up approach is followed (any topic possible); budget available depending on national regulations. EUREKA participating countries can be checked here.
EUREKA is an intergovernmental organisation for market-driven industrial R&D. It consists of a network of 40 countries with the aim of facilitating the coordination of national funding on innovation/international market-oriented research.
Innovative companies and universities from countries which are not taking part this call and countries outside of the EUREKA Network may also participate with the agreement of their own national innovation agency.
For more information on the EUREKA programme click here.
The EUREKA’s Eurostars programme provides funding to support research-performing SMEs which develop innovative processes. Eurostars is a transnational programme, where projects have two or more Eurostars countries. The total budget for the period 2014-2020 is 1,1 million €. The funding for participants is provided on a country-by-country basis.
General submission criteria:
Example for Eurostars project (NL partners involved) are:
- Consortium leader is an R&D performing SME from a Eurostars country
- At least one other independent participant from another Eurostars country
- Eurostars R&D performing SMEs contribution is 50% or more of the total project cost (subcontracting costs excluded)
- The consortium is well balanced (no single participant or country is responsible for more than 75 %)
- The project duration is 3 years or fewer
- Market introduction is within 2 years of the project’s completion
- The project meets the EUREKA criteria (No restrictions on thematic area, civilian purpose)
More successful stories can be found here.
- E! 6588 RESIM: Recycling of silicon for solar cells by crystal pulling from the melt. The project aims to develop a new process for refining of silicon that will make it possible to remove dissolved impurities. This will to increase the recycling ratios in the industry for less cost. Cost: 670985.5 €; Duration: 17 Months; Market: ENERGY; Technology: ENERGY TECHNOLOGY; Participants: THE NETHERLANDS ECN (Research Institute), NORWAY SiPro (R&D Performing SME), NORWAY SINTEF (Research Institute).
- E! 4731 ARRAYVOLUTION: DNA-sequencing to the medical market. The project goal was to rapidly and cheaply analysing the genomes of large population and helping to find the genetic cause of special deseases. Cost: 1,4 million €; Duration: 24 Months; Market: Health; Participants: THE NETHERLANDS, ITAL.
For more information on the Eurostars programme click here.